Pyro MI Enhanced Grade Wiring Cable Seals and Insulators
A seal is normally required at each end of a Pyrotenax MI Cable to provide a means of electrical connection. The Standard Brass 105°C Seal is suitable for the majority of general wiring applications. However since Pyrotenax Cables are used in a wide variety of environments, a comprehensive range of seals and insulators are available to suit every need.
A complete termination comprises a seal to provide a means of electrical connection and a gland to secure the cable into the appropriate apparatus. Externally threaded brass compression glands are available with ISO metric threads as standard with other thread forms available on request. Internally threaded 20mm ISO metric brass compression glands are available for the full range of 2, 3 and 4 conductor, 500 volt light duty cables.
Continuous operating temperature range—80°C to 105°C. These standard seals are suitable for all general wiring applications. Available in plain or earth tail. Use RMX compound.
High Temperature Glazed Insulator
For environments up to 250°C, an glazed insulator can be constructed as follows:
- Use the brass screw on pot from a standard seal (ref RPS).
- A cap or disc is not required.
- Use PTFE conductor sleeving (Ref RZPT) instead of the PVC Sleeving.
Please note that this insulator may not maintain a high insulation resistance (IR) at ambient temperatures. Use RMG Glazing Flux.
Increased Safety Seal
Continuous operating temperature range -20°C to 85°C. Intended for use with type of protection “e” in potentially explosive atmospheres. Available in plain and earth tail. Use RMX Compound.
Fire Resistant Seal
When fire resistance is required, standard Pyrotenax 105°C seal Ref. RPS may be used provided that the standard PVC sleeving is replaced by silicon elastomer coated glass braided sleeving Ref. RZPS. Such seals will pass a circuit integrity test, essentially as given in BS 6387 for Category C, with seals in a 950°C flame for 3 hours. Use this seal when radiation resistance is required, as it has been satisfactorily tested to 100 M Rad. Use RMX Compound.
Standards and Approvals
Pyro Mi Wiring Cables are manufactured, tested and LPCB approved to:
- BS EN 60702-1.
- LPCB approved to BS 8434-2, BS 5839-1 Clause 26.2 (Enhanced) and BS EN 50200 Class PH 120.
- BS 8434—Methods of test for assessment of the fire integrity of electric cables Part 1: Test for unprotected small cables for use in emergency circuits
- BS EN 50200 with the addition of water spray. Part 2—Test for unprotected small cables for use in emergency circuits
- BS EN 50200 with a 930°C flame and with water spray.
- BS 6387-1994 Performance Requirements for Cables Required to Maintain Circuit Integrity under Fire Conditions Categories C, W and Z.
- IEC 60331—Tests for Electric Cables under fire conditions.
- Underwriters Laboratories—UL2196-USA, ULC-S139-Canada. Tests for fire resistant cables.
- London Underground Fire Survival Cable (MICC) EME-SP-14-028-A1.
Pyro Mi Terminations
Pyro Mi Terminations are tested in accordance with:
- BS EN 60702: Part 2. Pyro Mi Terminations are Certified for use in potentially explosive atmospheres.
- Glands—BASEEFA 03ATEX0347X.
- Increased Safety Seals—BASEEFA 02ATEX0194U.